Terms & Conditions for Online Transportation Registration – 2021-22
School Bus Safety Rules
- Be respectful to other riders, the bus driver, people who are not on the bus, property and yourself.
- Only Registered riders shall ride the bus. DO NOT invite friends to ride with you.
Waiting for the Bus
- Be at your assigned stops five minutes before the bus is scheduled to depart.
- Stay off the road and do not throw things in the bus stop area.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop and the door is open before stepping forward to board.
Boarding the Bus
- Form a single line as you walk onto the bus.
- Respect personal space between yourself and the student ahead of you.
- Go to your seat and sit down. Students may be assigned to a specific seat
- Small items may be carried onto the bus (including a musical instrument) if they will fit under the seat or in your lap. If the driver thinks an item will block the aisle, floor space, or seat it will not be allowed.
- Do not bring items that could cause harm. Examples include explosive items, glass, hockey sticks, laser pointers, lighters, matches, skateboards, skates without safety bags, strong-smelling sprays or liquids, and weapons (real or fake). The driver has the authority to secure objects of concern.
On the Bus
- Follow the bus driver’s instructions.
- Sit facing forward with your back against the seat. Keep your legs, feet, and personal belongings out of the aisle. Do not sit sideways or turn around in your seat.
- Put your backpack or book bag on your lap or on the floor under your seat.
- Keep your belongings inside your backpack or book bag.
- Use the garbage can, not the floor.
- Do not put anything outside the window. This includes your hands and head. Use a quiet voice when talking to other riders. Do not eat or drink on the bus.
Leaving the Bus
- Cross at a marked street crossing or intersection where possible.
- If there is no marked street crossing, walk 3 meters in front of the bus and wait for the bus driver to instruct you to cross.